Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Await Him

I used to love fairy tales. I loved the old English. I loved the settings. I loved the romance. Men pursued women. They courted them, and won their hearts. Even when I woman was won, she was careful to keep a bit of mystery about herself. And now again, I remember the last line of a book whose title I can no longer remember... "I await him, my prince, lover of my dreams, my destiny, the one who won my heart."

I grew up awaiting him too. I wanted to be won. I wanted someone to love me enough to pursue me, win my affections, chase after my hand in marriage. Well, in reality, things are not that way anymore for most women. It doesn't mean that it can't be. It means we no longer require all those things. Therefore, we no longer get them. Are you still awaiting him, the won who won your heart?

No comments: